Any idea what percentage of the electricity bill is your lighting? According to recent studies the percentage of lighting cost was up to 40%. Isn’t it quite high? Yes, it is! It nearly makes up for half of the utility bill which indicates that if we consume less energy through lighting, we can save a lot of money!
This is where the role of LED lights come in! The LED lights are a result of a cost-effective, energy saving and an efficient lighting design. For most of our lives, we have used the incandescent light tubes and bulbs but the era of the twenty-first century brings with it the great LED lights. These lights are meant to make our indoor and outdoor lighting system better and more efficient. It’s time we start thinking about evolving our lives using the smart electrical lights.
LED lights produce results that speak for themselves. Using these lights is the only source to drop the percentage of the lighting share in the electricity bill. How much money is saved by using these lights? This is still under discussion.
Before we jump into how much can you actually save by using LED lights, let’s find out how they function that leads to minimum energy consumption.
How do LED lights work?
The Lighting research center suggests that the LED bulbs and lights create energy when the positive and negative charges come together. Once these charges collide with each other, the energy is released in the form of light. This light is the fastest, most reliable and efficient light that can be used to brighten the houses and offices.These advanced lights do not emit much heat energy as compared to the traditional lights. They do not emit the infrared or ultraviolet rays and are highly energy efficient.
The LED lights are cost-effective as they offer a long lasting service. They can run from 20,000 to 50, 000 hours offering seamless service enlightening even the dimmest lit rooms.
How much can you save?
The LED lights come in different types and use different Watts of power/ energy. There are the lights that we use in the bedrooms, lounge and drawing rooms. Then there are the ones that are used as the garden LED lights, wall-hanging lamps lights and street lights. Though the purchase cost of the LED bulbs and lights is high, these lights help a lot in saving the electricity cost. The estimate is as follows:
If one incandescent bulb is run for 5 hours in a day for two whole years, most of the money would be spent on electricity with a total amount of $32 (according to the present energy rates).
On the other hand, if a LED bulb is used instead for the same duration, it will cost $12. The major portion of $12 would be belonging to the price of the bulb itself rather than the electricitycost.
Keeping these calculations in mind, it is quite evident that using a LED bulb costs much less than using an incandescent light on an annual basis. Thus, any of you who wish to cut down his electricity bills costneeds to switch to the best alternative of the traditional lightsavailable in the market.
About the Author:
This guest post was written by Hassan Khan Yousafzai, he is passionate about Digital marketing. Along with educational background in Software Engineering he is bridging gap between marketing and development department. At Techvando, he has been consulting brands all over Pakistan to gain online traffic and profitable leads.
When looking for creative ways to design your bathroom and kitchen walls, and in looking for floor tiles for your home, it is always a good idea to consider ceramic tiles.
While they are primarily used on floors, they can also be used for walls. In fact, there is a growing number of homes and establishments that use ceramic for their wall covering, and for good reason.
They are available in a wide range of designs, patterns, and colors, and its unique texture instantly lends a rustic appeal to your home.
Here are other benefits of using ceramic for your floor, as well as your bathroom and kitchen walls:
In choosing kitchen and bathroom tiles, remember to always consider your household’s lifestyle, as well as your habits. If you do a lot of cooking and washing, you will benefit from using ceramic as your wall covering. Consider also the overall look that you are trying to achieve, so that you can best choose the tiles that will go with the existing design of your kitchen and bathroom. Always take your budget as well, as some finishes may be more expensive than others. Consult your interior designer or your tile supplier, as they will be more than able to guide you in choosing the right tile for your bathroom or kitchen, and can help you get the best bang for your buck.
July 1st will be this Site's 4 year Anniversary!
I'm calling all Deaf, Hard of Hearing, Deafblind, and Blind Artists, Photographers, Graphic Artists and the like for a CONTEST!
WHAT: A new Logo Cover - A new title cover for this site, a Facebook Cover, and a Thumbnail picture that represents Deaflbindness in a clear and positive way:
WHEN: Deadline to Submit - June 1st 2017 by Midnight CDT
REQUIREMENT: You must be Deaf, Hard of Hearing, Deafblind, or Blind by submitting some kind of proof - your social media information, youtube video, etc. I want to support my local disabled community please.
PROCESS: After June 1st submissions will be listed here on my Blog - up to 20 entries - if over 20 entries, I will whittle it down myself using the criteria listed above. (Any entries not following the criteria will be sent back with an explanation and a chance to try again.)
Then Viewers will get to vote for their favorite design.
The Winner will be revealed on July 1st on the 4th Anniversary!
LIMIT: One Entry per Person please.
PRIZE: A $15 E-Gift Card of your choice - see GiftCards.com
Good Luck & Have Fun!!
- Put your name in a corner of your artwork or photo.
- Include your email and 1 or 2 sentences describing your artwork and the concept behind it.
I realized I forgot to include a Submission Button!!
- Have received only 1 entry.
- Extended the Deadline to June 9th at Midnight CDT
- Changed requirements to include Parents & Family of Deafblind, Deaf, and Blind individuals.
You'd be surprised to find out that people think we're flirting or are really interested in them when we're just trying to lipread them.
I forget that in "hearing" culture that they sometimes don't look at each other while talking.
"Just Stop! I'm not flirting! It's called lipreading"
Have a great weekend!
Being visually impaired shouldn’t stop you from enjoying any activity, including running.
There are some important tips to keep in mind if you are planning on taking up on running and you have problems with your vision:
1. You will need to choose the appropriate guiding technique to rely on for running safely. - You can either choose to listen to verbal direction by a guide running next to you. This means learning to comply immediately to verbal commands and instructions you hear while running in order to avoid obstacles and possible dangers on the way.
- Another alternative is to run with a tether. A 30 inch long piece of rope, towel or other can provide the safety and the information needed for the running. Your guide will run beside you but slightly ahead of you. You will both hold one edge of the tether. Of course, during the run, the guide still gives you verbal information and directions, but the tether will make you notice the bends in the roads and the small direction changes easily. In case of an emergency, a pull on the tether will inform you of the direction you should switch to and go. The length of the tether depends on the differences in the paces, strides and heights of you and your guide. The more similar they are, the shorter the tether.
2. Pick your guide. Pick a guide who is safe conscious and doesn’t tend to take risks when running. The guide must be able to react quickly and have good enough judgment to keep you both safe at all times. Also, you need to find a guide who is stronger than you, because guides need to be able to communicate verbally and keep up with your pace at the same time. When you find your guide, tell him everything he needs to know about you, your running preferences, and any health problems you have. Make sure he is aware of your feet problems (flat feet, high arches, plantar fasciitis) as well. In case something happens, he will be able to pinpoint the issue quickly and act accordingly.
3. Pace setting. This is important, to make sure you discuss the pace with your guide, and communicate during the running whether the pace is satisfactory or whether you may need to speed up or slow down a little.
4. Keeping the time. Usually, visually impaired runners cannot use running watches. Make sure your guide keeps the time for you during the run. You should decide whether you want to time only the running and pause the clock at any stops you make, or whether you want to time the whole run, including any breaks and other stops. Both timing techniques are used by runners, so make sure you ask your guide about the timing technique you will be using.
5. Find a guide who can communicate quickly and efficiently. This means, being able to formulate the warnings and directions correctly, putting action first, ask about decisions for possible options when running in a timely manner, inform you of unknown terrains and about the things you are passing by.
6. Find other visually impaired runners in your area and form or join their group. Meet new people, have fun on the way and stay fit by getting to know the joy of running, no matter how impaired visually you are.
About the Author:
Twitter | Facebook | GooglePlus
If you are interested in enhancing your windows, then you should try using awnings. Awnings have been used since ancient days as they have the capability of fulfilling different purposes for your home. Nowadays, almost all awning models are run on automated systems.
It is easy to control and install awnings. Thus, you will never have trouble in operating them. They are equipped with outstanding versatility that is why they are getting the highest exposure as the best window treatment of the modern era. A little research can help you make decisions on which is the best awning for your home by checking out these primary features.
Types of Window Awnings:
These are some of the popular types of window awnings. Moreover, all of them have superb features. You should choose the best one that fits your requirements.
You can select any of the available window awnings and choose your favorite one. You may get an idea from the above-mentioned options of window awnings. In this respect, you can consider both the functionalities as well as aesthetic properties wisely.
About the Author:
My Blog: aussieshub.blogspot.com