Sorry there wasn't a post yesterday, I had two writing deadlines to meet.
Today's the last day of this Challenges so I want to review and rehash the major points to become a productive person.
Productivity Habits Review
The major points to be more productive are:
1. Track your time - Find how much time it takes to do each task throughout your day. Are you spending time on the right things? Wasting times surfing the net or playing games? So, find out where all your time is spent.
2. Get some good sleep - Get a well rested night of sleep. Lack of sleep translates into lack of productivity - plain and simple. So be sure to get into a regular sleeping pattern so you can have a full productive day.
3. Get rid of time wasters - Cut out time wasters such as unimportant emails, several game apps, unfollow pages (and people), cancel subscriptions, and more.
Anything that makes you sit there and waste time.
4. Create goals - Write down long and short term goals you want to accomplish for yourself. Then create plans to achieve them. Your productivity will get a big boost as you're eager to work towards them.
5. Declutter - How can you be productive if you can't find anything you need? Clear off your work space, your office, your car and your briefcase/purse. Get organized and have everything have it's own spot to find quickly.
6. Create Schedules - Prioritize your day and week and month for your goals and work/family needs. Learn to say no to extras and be sure to schedule time for yourself. Create small to-do lists and only list 3 major things you must get done.
These six points alone would help with productivity if you're a full-time employee or are a natural busy-body.
Now some extra tips for those of us who have trouble with motivation for a number of reasons here's some extra help:
1. Motivation - Find ways to think positively, change where you're working (move the laptop into the living room for a change), stop multi-tasking and just work on one task at a time to prevent being overwhelmed, and celebrate the small steps.
2. Listen to your body - Our body has it's own clock and if we harness it right we can be more productive on our peak hours - whether that's at 10am or 10pm. Learn to listen to our body, work around it and take breaks and room.
3. Stop bad mental habits - No matter our background or history, some of us just have a habit of thinking negatively about ourselves, believe we can't accomplish things and have chronic depression and such. We need to stop this and learn to uplift ourselves and work on being positive and happy.
4. Be okay with your chronic illness - We can learn to be productive around our illness and learn not to feel guilty about it. It's not our fault and we're not a burden. Learn to work with a "bad day to-do list", get a support system and relax!
There you have it! How to be productive when you just don't feel like it or just can't.
I hope this Challenge helped you this month! Please let me know how it was!