Now it's time to clean out probably one of the most cluttered places in our house.
Who else has kids (or adults) that open a closet door, throw in shoes or things and quickly shut the door again before the rebound? Or have a closet that seems to have more stuff on the floor than on hangers or shelves?
Clearing out your Closets
Pull everything out and organize them into piles on the floor, on a bed, or on a table.
Start organizing for each member of the family:
Organize the Closet
Let's start putting things back:
* If it's feasible, install a Closet Organization System. This would help a lot with saving space.
* Use color assigned hangers for each family member for easier finding. This not only helps with laundry sorting, but works in the main closet with everyone's coats together. (Or in sibling-shared bedrooms).
* In the main closet, get a basket for each family member and have them store all their accessories and belongings in it.
* Store seasonal clothes in bins out of the way (laundry room or garage), or in the back of the closet (usually the unreachable side).
* As I mentioned in a previous post, go vertical. Use the door space for a shoe rack, install another smaller shelf above the standard shelf for more storage space, use the side walls for more storage ideas.
Hope these ideas help get your closets organized and get your day started easier and everyone out the door faster!