Today is #NationalPeanutButterLoversDay!
Our family loves Peanut Butter, we also love granola bars and go through them a lot. Even when we buy the no-name brand, the spending adds up.
So I found this great and easy recipe on Pinterest that only uses 3 ingredients! Thanks to Listotic
The first reason why I love these are because it only uses 3 ingredients that you pretty much already have in your pantry!
It's a pet peeve of mine when cooking shows or recipes declare an easy recipe for a mother to make and it uses some exotic or expensive ingredient or a specialty pan! Who the hell keeps Champagne vinegar on hand or a chestnut roasting pan on hand??
"Now grab your chestnut roasting pan"
"Oh sure, let me check my pantry...NO!"
(credit goes to John Pinette - I miss his comedy)
The second reason is that it's so easy the kids can make it themselves!
So here's the recipe:
Easy Peanut Butter Bars
Copied from Listotic with my adjustments in brackets
1 Cup Peanut Butter
1/2 Cup Honey
3 Cups Oatmeal (I used 2 1/2 Cups)
- Line a 9x9 cake pan with non stick foil, or regular foil with non-stick spray. (I used a 9x13 cake pan and lined it with wax paper - again I don't horde a large number of pans or specialty products.)
- Melt the Peanut Butter and honey together, either on a stovetop or microwave (1 1/2 - 2 mins), until blended and smooth enough to mix.
- Mix in the Oatmeal, start with 2 Cups and add the rest slowly because you may not need it all. (I only used 2 1/2 Cups)
- Spread out in the pan and store in the fridge for a few hours until its set enough to cut into squares.
- Store in the fridge to keep them firm, or leave out to be soft and gooey.
And that's it! Nice and simple! Everyone here loved them and the teenagers can make it themselves easily for a snack or breakfast bars to go.
So Happy Peanut Butter Lover's Day!!