Welcome to Day 14....
Part of improving yourself is learning to cope with negativity from others. Whether its discouragement from doing something or bad statements towards you:
"You can't do that"
"You're no good"
- insert whatever you've heard over the years.....
Y'all may have read a few previous posts and articles about how I've dealt with negative people (such as this one), so you know it's not new to me.
Here are some pointers to remember:
- The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become.
- When people are rude to you, it reveals who they are, not who you are. Don't take it personally.
- Don't argue with negative people, they will constantly come up with excuses and drag you into more negativity. You can offer constructive comments, but don't get sucked into getting pulled down with them.
- Sometimes they're asking for help but it comes across as complaining. Ask if there's anything you can do for them and try and help.
- Remember you can't change someone, but you can change your response. Change how you see the situation instead of the emotion behind it.
- Try telling them directly how they're affecting you. Some people just don't realize how much of a "Negative Nancy" they are.
- If all else fails, walk away.