Hi, I know I missed Day 4....
I developed a Sinus Infection and was in the ER at 6am, got meds and slept most of the day. So I guess Day 4's lesson would've been "Don't be afraid to abandon everything and take care of yourself"
Day 5 - Improve Your Confidence
Learn to Love Yourself
1. Make a list of things you like about yourself. (my sense of humor, my patience, etc.)
2. Complete every sentence: "I love my...(my humor, my hair, etc)
3. Repeat daily.
Blow Your Own Trumpet
Complete these Sentences:
1. I like my....because....
2. I am an expert at....
3. I feel good about...
4. My friends would tell you I am....
5. My best personal quality is....
Add any other sentences and repeat in front of a mirror daily.
1. Sit somewhere where you have total quietness.
2. Imagine a situation or event you have coming up for which you need more confidence.
3. Run through the whole event through your point of view and from yor eyes.
4. Do not leave out any details - imagine what you will be seeing, hearing, saying. Capture what you will be feeling. Don't leave out any possible sensations or emotions.
5. Re-run this film in your mind as often as possible before the event.
Visualization is a great and proven tool for increasing your confidence.
Create a Personal Commercial
1. Write a 30 - 60 second speech that highlights your strengths and goals. (This can be a challenge but it's a good exercise to acknowledge what you're good at and where you're going.)
2. Recite it in front of a mirror whenever you need a boost of confidence.
Create a Vision Board
I mentioned this App in Day 3. But you can create a paper one and keep it where it's in view most of your day to inspire you. It doesn't have to be just pictures too, post quotes, flowers, or whatever lifst your spirit.
When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things. ~ Joe Namath