Telemarketers, can't live with 'em, can't live without....oh wait yes we can....
We've all dealt with Telemarketers in our lives. Whether it's from ordering a magazine, donating to charity, or your name on a mailing list, we end up on a computer's dialer.
Very few are polite and patient to deal with a Deaf person on a captioned phone, so that's why I ignore the majority of the phone calls & let the machine pick up.
I think it's funny to hear stories how people deal with this annoyance, here's a few of ours:
- Sports Magazine calls hubby for renewal but after several polite refusals, hubby just puts down the phone while the telemarketer is still going through their speech and walks away. He hangs up after the line has gone dead.
- A friend would give the phone to his toddler whenever a Telemarketer calls and let's the child jabber away.
- Telemarketer calls us, my son answers. "May I speak to your Mother?" "She's Deaf" "I don't believe you!" "Ok" *click*
- Telemarketer calls, my daughter answers "May I speak to Tracy" "Shes Deaf and can't hear on the phone, can I take a message?" "That's OK I'll call back later" *click* My girl yells into phone "She's still going to be Deaf later!"
- Newspaper calls hubby asking...no wait...begging for renewal. "No thank you, we just don't have the time to read it" "But sir it's a good renewal price!" "No thanks" "But what about your WIFE! Wouldn't she want to read it?" "I said No!" *click*
Those are some of my experiences with Telemarketers, I would love to read about yours! Comment away and share the laughs.
"One finds limits by pushing them" ~ Herbert Simon