Today marks three years since I got a kidney transplant.
June 24, 2015
So, I wanted to post the Facebook interactions before, during and after to show the progress:
* January 7, 2013 - Nephrology Appointment - Kidney Function slipped to 16%
* August 6, 2013 - Registered on the Kidney Transplant list in
Tulsa (it's closer)
* May 13, 2014 - Nephrology Appointment - Kidney Function slipped to 15%, Creatinine is at 2.6 (Normal is 0.7-1.5)
* June 23, 2015 - They found a Kidney! Off to Tulsa
* June 24, 2015 - Surgery day 5am. Was told it will be 2 days in the ICU and then 4 - 5 days in a regular room for recovery
* June 25, 2015 - Moved out of ICU
* June 29, 2015 - Discharged from hospital
* July 15, 2015 - Wrote a Blog post on the experience
* July 27, 2015 - Kidney Biopsy done after Creatinine jumped to 1.8 after weeks of being at 1.6 (Results - no sign of rejection). (Have had 4 biopsies done to date.)
* July 29, 2016 - Signs of cellular rejection - first of 3 Antibodies I.V. transfusion - 8 hours to complete
* June 24, 2018 - Labwork every 3 months & Clinic visits every 6 months now.
Consider being a Donor
Please think about being a donor.
* Check off the donor option on your Driver's Licence
* Sign up at the Organ Donor Registry
* Volunteer to be a living donor at the American Transplant Foundation
* Share information
* Support the Organ Donation Network