My name is Tracy. I've been Deaf and legally Blind since birth. I have two children, a boy and a girl. I've been married for almost 20 years! All 3 are hearing.
Born and raised in Ontario, Canada, I was mainstreamed orally in the public school, then started High School with Sign Language at a Deaf Institute..
Now living in Oklahoma, USA I work online as an ASL tutor and freelance writer.
Who are You?
This isn't just my story, it's yours too!
- Disabled yourself?
- A Parent, Relative or Friend of someone who's disabled?
- Newly diagnosed with a disability and looking for resources?
- A Business or Non-Profit serving people with disabilities?
- Just curious?
Here you'll find:
- My Blog about my stories, family related themes, disability related themes, Products and News.
- A Resource page of different Companies that serve people with disabilities.
- A Tutorial page of different videos on various disabilities.
- My Store where you can buy my e-book, my products, and disability related items. (Coming Soon)
Why come here? What can I do for you?
I can show you:
I can show you:
- Our lives can be parallel with similar adventures in raising a family, managing a home, and be fun, weird and the same as everyone else's.
- People with disabilities don't need pity or to be patronized. We can be successful, independent and happy individuals.
- The common dos & don'ts of interactions, dispelling myths and stereotypes, and answer your questions.
- If you're newly diagnosed, or know someone who is, I can assure you that life isn't "over" and I'll be there for you and show you the ropes.
- Connections to companies, non-profits, and products to help educate, network, and make life easier.