Children spend quite a large amount of time playing while they grow up. In order to make this safe and easier to monitor playrooms were invented.
Playrooms are not only beneficial to the kid but also to the adult. Firstly, toys won't be scattered around the house making it hard for your child to locate his or her toys and there will be less injuries to the adult from stepping on Lego blocks.
A playroom is your child's personal space, a place where they can daydream, explore their imagination and bask in the simplicity of being a kid, with lots of toys of course. For blind and/or deaf children, most of the same rules apply.
Children with disabilities are not their disability. They have the capacity to do so much more if they are equipped and taught properly.
Deafblind cases are different for each child. Often more than not, the deafblind child doesn't have complete blindness or complete loss of hearing. It is important to know that there are several ways a child becomes blind and or deaf. One of such ways is meningitis. Another cause is the Usher syndrome, this syndrome causes hearing loss and a progressive vision loss. It is often inherited. Deafblindness can be caused by CHARGE syndrome, premature births, prenatal or postnatal complications as well as some other causes. When creating or remodeling the space for a child who is deafblind it is important to know the following tips.
1. Keep your child involved - Your child would definitely appreciate it more if you included them in the decision making process. After all it is meant to be their playroom so it is only right that you get their input on what they'd like.
2. Focus on particular aspects - There is probably a particular thing that your child loves to do, maybe it's playing with paint, of course you have to be around to ensure safety. If your child loves painting it'll be preferable to have a playroom with lots of blank spaces on the walls or sketch pads. A means of self expression for your child.
3. Switch it up - Don't have the room looking drab and boring. Let there be a mixture of colors in the furniture and decor. Not all deafblind kids have complete vision loss. Some can still see faintly. You have to use this to your advantage. Paint the walls a mix of your kid's favorite colors.
4. Have different types of toys - Unfortunately the market for toys that cater to deafblind children are rather slim and quite a lot of these toys have to be made my one's self. It is important to focus on sensory toys. Toys that focus on touch. The toys that utilize the other senses. One option is puzzle games, these games should not be complicated or too hard. They should keep your child engaged not frustrated. A previously conceived idea from Perkins School for the Blind is making holes in a shoe box and then trying to stick straws into it. Another idea from the same people is a lid game. In this game you gather three to four containers and take off the lids. your child then has to figure out which lid fits which container. You could also attach different materials to separate strings e.g a piece of nylon, cotton, silk etc. and then have your child match similar materials to one another. These can easily be made at home without spending any money.
5. Have comfortable furniture - If the furniture in the playroom isn't comfortable it'll be unpleasant for your child. You should get comfortable furniture. For example, bean bags.
6. Storage - Storage is extremely important. You would want to invest in open cabinets that your child would easily navigate so that cleaning up will be easy after a fun session. This will keep the playroom clean and safe.
7. Try to change the toys - After a while, your child will get bored so it's important to have new games on hand. You could just increase the level of the previous games, making the puzzles a bit bigger or decrease the holes in the shoebox. Because your child is growing and learning everyday there should be changes in the content. If your toys are purchased you could donate it to another child who needs it.
8. Install a camera - This is an extremely important part of your playroom. There must be a camera that you can easily watch it's footage. You should be able to stream it on your phone as well as computers if you're in the house. It always pays off to have a certain computer that constantly shows the footage of what's happening in case you're not in the playroom at that moment.
9. Purchase some stuffed animals - Some stuffed animals can speak and as they speak they release a vibration in their body which comes from the chest, this is usually where the voice box is. This stuffed animal should not be a large one in order to avoid suffocation or any other incidents. Stuffed animals appeal to the sense of touch.
10. Homework corner - Finally there should be a homework corner. Generally, it's easier for people to work when they are free from distractions or in a “work” area. It is advisable to cut out a little part of the room. It would contain a chair and a table. This will help your child get in the mood for work. Most deafblind children adopt set routines. If your child recognizes a particular area as the play area they won't want to do any work in the play area. If your child is home schooled then this is very important.
Setting up a playroom for kids with disabilities is different in each case especially for deafblind children because the cases are different. Your child is an individual so these tips have been generalized. For children with other disabilities, the key is optimize the playroom with different games and toys that will be safe and enjoyable for you and your child.
Author Bio: Thomas M. Strother is the blogger at spreaders.com which specialize in making spreaders and dump trucks from last 24 years. They provide quality products in agricultural areas like lime and fertilizer spreader, construction and other needs from tailgate salt spreader to litter spreader. They make sure that customer requirements are full filled.
13 Dazzling Tips For Cleaning And Organizing Your Refrigerator - Guest Post for the De-Clutter Your Life Challenge
There is nothing more disgusting than a badly smelling and massively disorganized refrigerator. A disorganized refrigerator will leave you disoriented and even disorganize you when you're in search for a snack, and a dirty fridge makes the food just look worse than it is.
Always keeping your refrigerator squeaky clean and organized to the teeth makes you feel better, preserves the quality of your food and drinks, and makes it last longer. A dirty, messy fridge makes you lose interest in its contents, and for that reason good food might go to waste and rot away. That is more reason we need to keep our fridge clean.
A cluttered refrigerator makes it hard to find items and gives you the feeling that your refrigerator is small. But an organized refrigerator with everything put in its proper place will make your refrigerator look cooler, bigger, and your snacks easily accessible.
Keeping your refrigerator clean and organized is by no means an easy task. In this article, we will be highlighting 13 dazzling tips for cleaning and organizing your refrigerator.
13 Awesome Tips for Cleaning and Organizing your Refrigerator
This section of the article will give you dazzling tips needed in keeping your refrigerator clean and organized, and these tips are:
1. Store items in the fridge with basket and bins: Organizing your fridge is extremely important, and one way to keep your refrigerator organized is to utilize trays, shallow containers, small baskets or bins in organizing it.
Keep different items in their own containers so it can be easily accessed. Fruits, snacks, juice boxes, etc should have their different containers. This will make your refrigerator more organized and items in it easily accessible, even for the kids.
2. Get a lazy Susan: You should remember to get a lazy Susan as an addition to your fridge. It will help you hold items that are frequently used in you fridge, while freeing up space for you to add up other items, and also making items in your fridge easily accessible.
3. Put a label on it: This move will help not only you but everyone around to identify what items are in different containers. This way they won't have to go through every container to search for what is needed, leaving the fridge disorganized once more.
Adding the name of the contents of the container is a good move, and even adding the expiration date would make your labels look cooler and more professional.
Labels make items on the refrigerator easily accessible and naturally make the refrigerator look better.
4. Clean your refrigerator with non-harmful chemicals: Cleaning your refrigerator with a non-harmful chemical is always a good idea. The reason for this is that food is present in refrigerator. Try cleaning those grimes and dirt on your fridge with a mixture of vinegar and dish soap will leave your refrigerator cleaner than ever and also smelling really fresh.
5. Store meat at the bottom: Food like raw meat should always be stored at the bottom of the refrigerator. This is done just in case the packaging starts to drip, it won't contaminate the other food items in the fridge, and the smelly water can be collected in the trough at the bottom of the refrigerator and easily evacuated to avoid a smelly fridge.
6. Wipe the outer part daily: Always wipe the outer part of the fridge daily to help keep it in top shape. The same way you wipe the inner counters of your fridge daily, should be done to the outer parts like the body of the fridge, and the handles.
It wouldn't take much of your time to wipe your fridge daily, and that practice will help your fridge always look new.
7. Vacuum clean your fridge: Vacuum cleaning your fridge is very important for the cleanliness of your fridge. Because vacuum cleaners can reach into those spaces which are hidden to the human hands and wipes, it is necessary the refrigerator get vacuumed.
Just attach the slim tube attachment, and hover around those hard to reach areas where you can suck up dry leaves, bread, crumbs and other smelly things from those hard to reach areas.
8. Use bicarbonate of soda to soak up the smell: One of the best smell absorbers is bicarbonate of soda. Keep them in an open container, box or cup, and then place it in your refrigerator. Adding a little lemon to it will eliminate those disgusting smell and give your fridge a sweet smell whenever you open it.
9. Clean refrigerator shelves and drawers in a dishwasher: If you own a dishwasher, one cool way to use them will be to put your refrigerator shelves and drawers in the dishwasher. It doesn't require Mich effort on your end, and your shelves and drawers will look cleaner than ever.
10. Purge your refrigerator regularly: Your schedule should include a time for discarding unwanted and rotten items off your refrigerator. Go through your refrigerator at least once a week to remove leftovers, rotten and smelly food from your fridge.
Make this one of your to-do chores at least once in a week, it will help you keep track of the smelly items that keeps the fridge in disgusting conditions, and unorganized shape.
11. Clean the insulating seams: The insulating seam helps keep the cold in and the heat out. Do you clean them often? If not, then you should start. You should clean it at least once every week, and make sure you clean it inside out.
12. Use binder clips to store bagged food: Using binder clips for storing bagged food in the refrigerator is pure genius. It solves two issues at the same time. First, it helps you keep your food closed while making use of the refrigerator space that is otherwise unusable.
This will help keep your refrigerator organized, and your food from decaying.
13. Use egg tray to keep sauce bottles: Necessity is the mother of inventions. The need to keep your refrigerator door organized will make you use egg trays as storage for your sauce bottles. The amazing thing is these egg trays look like they were made for this job.
They keep it intact and in place, this makes your refrigerator look tidy, clean and organized.
Author Bio: Mario Rolls is the blog consultant and writer at Dump Trucks. He brings 20 years of experience in various industries including heavy vehicle blogging and dump body manufacturing business. He is working for a company in Mississippi and one of the Nation’s primary manufacturers of dump truck bodies and trailers. Warren offers products and services for the smallest to the largest trucks.
If you have recently decided to purchase a hot tub, there is no doubt that your entire family is excited and anticipating the day it arrives. There is no experience quite like being able to just relax and enjoy the bubbling, soothing water in the comfort and privacy of your own home.
Not only that, a hot tub can significantly increase the amount of quality time that your family spends together. Below, we will take a look at some of the ways it can make your family time extra enjoyable.
Gathering Point for Fun
Your hot tub will quickly become a focal point for family gatherings, BBQ’s and celebrations. To maximize your enjoyment, create a comfortable and functional outdoor living area and accessorize with patio furniture, a fire pit or even an outdoor kitchen. Whether it is a sunny summer day or cool winter evening, your family time can be enjoyed together outdoors while breathing in the fresh air.
Love having a family game night? Invest in one of the many hot tub friendly waterproof board games or card decks available. The fun of enjoying a game together while soaking in the warm water makes for a memorable evening without even having to leave the house.
Stay Healthy and Active
A hot tub is a perfect place to introduce your children to water and teach them how to swim. This in turn also will encourage them to stay active and exercise regularly. Swimming is an ideal way to stay active and a number of fun exercises can be performed in a hot tub to help your entire family maintain a healthy lifestyle. Even just batting around a beach ball will keep everyone active while having a blast. For children, regular exercise is a must for developing a strong body and immune system and for adults, physical activity helps maintain a healthy weight as well as reduces the risk for a number of illnesses and diseases.
Today, so many kids and adults alike are glued to electronics, phones, and technology. Owning a family hot tub provides the perfect environment to set aside time and unplug. Spending quality time together in the hot tub is something that everyone in the family can look forward to and will enjoy catching up on each others news. If you have teenagers at home that can be difficult to pry away from their phones or computers, water and electronics do not mix so it is the perfect excuse for them to put their smartphone down and relax!
The warm water in a hot tub helps to increase blood flow, improve circulation and assists our body in detoxing naturally. This, in turn, boosts our immune system and helps us ward of colds and other viruses. With a stronger immune system, the whole family is happier and healthier!
If you have been looking for a way to invest in your home and the quality of your family time, purchasing a hot tub is an excellent choice. Even the shopping process is a family event - get the kids involved in picking out their favorite features and participating in testing out the different models that you are considering.
About the Author
Scott Bland has been in the leisure industry for nearly 20 years. As a sales manager in the leisure industry he knows hot tubs inside and out. Right now he works sales while writing about consumer goods on the side. If you want to contact him, you can do so at his LinkedIn.
Apart from the age of your mattress, there are several other reasons which you should consider while replacing your mattress.
Remember warranty only covers defects, not comfort, so replace the mattress well before the warranty has expired.
Following are the reasons that imply it is time to buy a brand-new mattress:
1. Suffering from Back Pain
If you are waking up to body pain frequently these days, then it is your mattress, which is causing trouble. You need to change your old mattress urgently.
2. Neck Aches After You Wake U
Don’t ignore the neck pain, get a new mattress as soon as possible. As your old mattress is very much capable of instigating serious health problems for you.
3. Change Mattress According to the Transformation of Your Body
With each passing time, our body changes, which is directly related to the durability of the mattress. Losing or gaining of your body weight is closely related to your mattress.
4. Experiencing Stiffness in Your Body
After waking up your body is suffering from stiffness! This means while sleeping your body is not getting much-needed support from your mattress.
Chances are parts of the mattress might be wrecked or drooped, this calls for buying a new mattress.
5. Check the Comfort-ability of Your Mattress
It is essential that you wake up fresh in the morning. Apart from the warning signs, comfort-ability is also an important factor to look for while buying a new mattress.
Your new comfortable mattress can also help you to lower your stress levels.
6. Get Mattress as Per Your Lifestyle
At times, you may have to buy a new mattress because of your changed lifestyle. You might be spending a lot of time on your mattress, doing stuff like - reading or working on a laptop or maybe you just sleep a lot.
If this is how your lifestyle is, then you must buy a new mattress which is suitable to your needs.
7. Check the Condition of the Mattress
While sleeping if you can feel those springs in your body. Then there is an urgent need to replace your mattress.
Also, if your mattress is making noise while you toss and turn-a clear sign for buying a new mattress.
Generally, most of the time people ignore the above-listed signs and suffer from health issues. Buy a new mattress if you are facing any of these problems.
Please refer to the infographic "7 Surprising Ways Your Mattress Affects Your Sleep and Health" for more information.
About the Author:
Cindy has been fascinated with the art of sleep since she was a child. Her focus is now on mattresses and the health benefits from OrthoMattresses
If your home needs an improvement, then you cannot overlook the importance of blinds. Here you will get a complete idea about blinds and why you should use them.
What Is the Purpose of Using Blinds for Home Improvement
A blinds setup is usually used for covering the windows. There are multiple kinds of window blind systems which come with different operating mechanism. A general kind of window blind is made of multiple vertical as well as horizontal slats and these can be obtained in various materials. Nowadays, advanced level blinds are also available in the marketplace which can be operated with the help of remote systems. But if you want the traditional blind setup then you can go for the manually operated blinds.
The main purpose of blinds is block sunrays from entering the house is also they are used for decorative purpose. With the help of such a setup, you can improve the appearance of the house. These are operated with the help of rollers and cord arrangement and if you want then you can even lift them up completely to get maximum natural light in the room. Thus, based on the specific needs you can decide how much light should be let in by using opening as well as closing procedures of such a setup.
The Material Available for Blinds
There are a number of available types of materials to use for Blinds. Some of them include PVC, wood, vinyl, bamboo, aluminum, plastic, different kinds of metals, the mix of metal and plastic, etc. Thus, it solely depends on what kind of arrangement you are looking for. It is also the best setup if you are looking for privacy. Blinds are very simple to operate and you will face no hassles in understanding the control mechanism. If you have perfect blinds for your home, then you can be assured that the overall look of your residential premises will be altered in a stylish manner.
How to Find Blinds for your Home?
There are many suppliers of blinds available in the local market. If you don't have any local places, you can always search online. Customer testimonials will give you an idea of how good online sources are. Make sure that the supplier you choose offers complete installation services as well. These days, creative setups are available for blinds that will completely match your color theme and room layout. So, do a little research before choosing the finest options.
Here are Some Suggestions
There are many people who have never opted for blinds and instead they prefer going for normal window arrangements for their homes. It solely depends on one’s own personal preference. But if you have never gotten blinds before, you'll never know the exceptional difference. It is a long term investment and you can obtain the best quality blinds at very reasonable rates. Your home will look stylish and the most advantageous thing is that you will have complete control over the amount of natural light. Get the best blinds with the best fit and your home will look very alluring.
About the Author:
This post is written by Joseph Webb. Joseph is an excellent blogger and philosophers, His keen observation to provide useful information which helps readers to get more ideas. He can be found on Facebook and on Twitter as @aussiesmag.
I always dreamed of having a Japanese garden where I could reflect, contemplate and have some serenity. I asked a landscape designer if I could have a Japanese garden in my small patio. She then showed me how to create a great Japanese garden in small space such as in a patio, balcony, rooftop or even indoors.
Creating your small Japanese garden
The Japanese view their home and garden to be one. They want to bring nature as close as they can to their homes. Most of us spend at least five months of the year inside our homes. It would be great to enjoy nature from inside our homes.
This is one of the practical benefits of having a Japanese garden in a small space very close to our home such as in a patio.
What you will need:
Here is what you need to do to create a Japanese garden in your patio.
#1. Enclosed Your Small Space
#2. Include the Element of Water
#3. Add in Stone Elements
#4. Add in Your Plants
Since most of your plants will be in pots or containers, soil mites may breed on them. They are very small creatures and you can easily miss seeing them. Nothing to worry though because they are not dangerous and will not cause any harm to your plants
With all the basic elements of water, stones and plants in place, you can now design the landscape of your patio Japanese garden based on your taste. It is important to note that a Japanese garden must at all times re-create nature.
Japanese gardens have become popular these days because they can be created in small spaces.
Some landscape designers would even argue that a small space is where you can create the best Japanese gardens. This is so because gardens in Japan’s residential districts are often smaller in comparison to that in the US.
Did you like the Japanese garden ideas I presented? Do you also have a Japanese garden in a small space? Share with us some of your ideas in the comments section.
About the Author:
Founder & Main Editor of AGreenHand