Written by Melisa Marzett
Creativity and inspiration go hand in hand. Many people understand the dependence: inspiration has appeared, the creative process is being launched. However, more often it is the other way around: in the creative process, a creative impulse inspiration is born, which brings you a new creative path and gives birth to creative success.
Why are we looking for inspiration?
Inspiration is a special state of mind and body that gives new experiences. Perhaps that's why there are "hunters" for inspiration.
Wikipedia describes inspiration as a state of the highest ascent, when the cognitive and emotional spheres of a person are connected and directed towards the solution of a creative task. A person in a state of creative inspiration seems to carry a "flow", he does not understand everything in his actions, he can not always tell how much time passed (hour, day). Often, with the long stay in a state of creative inspiration, there is also the emergence of insights.
For many people, including me, inspiration is a resource state in which one wants to stay as long as possible. However, life is cyclical, and inspiration has the ability to leave us and to go on vacation for a while. If you could download inspiration for every day, or buy, then what is the price of inspiration would be? However, you can only tune into it and create conditions.
13 Ways to Get Inspired
1. To create your own life, to approach the solution of your problems creatively. Not later, not someday, but right now, today! I like to wake up early in the morning, because at this time my mind is still asleep and I can take advantage of this and give myself to the creative flow.
2. Do something new in your life. Allow yourself to be a child. For example, buy colored paints and paper. Write. Sing. Dance. Do not rate your paintings, artwork and movements of your adult body. Watch the children. When the evaluation of others is not yet important for them, they paint for themselves, sing for themselves, move for themselves. They are passionate about the process. They enjoy and rejoice. This is the state of consciousness that gives creativity. Creativity is a very multifaceted process. By arranging a "creative childhood" for yourself, you will be surprised to find new non-standard solutions for your work, your favorite business, new solutions for home improvement, ideas for creative life in general. Note that it depends only on you. You do not need to study specifically for this purpose (unless you want to become a professional artist, singer or dancer). All you need for this is: your desire, time and space.
3. Relax. Do not join the race to catch everything. You will be in time. The quality of your self-awareness is important, which will eventually become the quantitative result of your activity. It is important to feel good both with the soul and body. Full sleep, nutrition, fresh air, physical training - a pledge of mental resistance to stress and depression.
4. Do not try to live, but live. In life, there are no drafts like in school.
5. Inspiration comes to us with breathing. So straighten your shoulders, open your chest and breathe deeply.
6. Carry out an audit of the responsibilities and obligations that you carry on your back. Everything that is not yours should be remove from your life. Let your wings retake again.
7. Give yourself the right, permission to make the mistakes. The fear of making a mistake "freezes" any endeavors, binds the body and does not allow the creative flow to pass through you. Transfer your mistakes into life experience, on which you will rely further.
8. Watch movies, read books, visit interesting exhibitions.
9. Create yourself a creative space in which you are comfortable.
10. Communicate with interesting and inspiring people.
11. Take action. Creativity is the movement of energy through your consciousness, hands, body. Through your whole being. Do not let this power stagnate inside your vessel. It is not a wine that requires aging.
12. Always keep a notebook and pen near, in order to have time to write down your discoveries and ideas for implementation.
13. Do your favorite things, it will give you strength and energy, in the flow of which you will receive your ideas and inspiration for their implementation.
There is nothing more important for creativity than faith in yourself. The thoughts like: "I'm not a creative person," "I can not" and "it's not necessary for anyone", should be thrown away from your head forever. In the end, you need at least any result, positive or negative, better than doing nothing. Is not it? Of course it is! You should enjoy every moment of life and be creative. Thanks to this, the inspiration will find you!
About the author: Melisa Marzett is a perfect writer, talented woman with a wonderful taste. Enjoy the beauty of written word by reading her posts for livecustomwriting.com and get inspired!
Ever thought of starting your own freelance writing career but don't know where or how to begin?
I've been freelance writing for about 3 years and blogging professionally for 5 years. It took a while to find my footing so I want to help you get started right away.
Start a Blog
The best way to start freelancing is to start a blog or at least a website for your writing portfolio.
1. Website Host
There's a wide variety of website hosting sites out there all offering different packages and prices. It also depends on your experience level as well.
I use Weebly which is an easy drag-and-drop display. You basically pick a template (text, photo, title, etc.) and drop it where you want it. Weebly has several packages depending on how much you want to feature on your site.
So, do a little research and you'll find a website that matches your budget and goals.
2. Pick a Niche
A niche is an area you will focus on in your website. You can write about pretty much anything though, but the most popular niches out there are:
3. Pick a Domain Name
Again, this depends on what your website's niche and goals are. There are several things to keep in mind when choosing a name:
Take my own domain name www.deafblindconfessions.com - it's pretty straightforward and easy to remember even though the website is called "Confessions of a Deaflblind Mother". Using that as a domain name would just be too long.
If you're using the page solely for your writing portfolio, the easiest domain would be your name if it's easy to spell - JohnSmithWriting.com. Otherwise pick something that involves writing or your profession - JohnsWritingService.com, or even if your your name is hard to spell, go ahead and establish a domain with the full name and you can also get a alternate domain with the most common spelling of your name and have that redirect to the real site. Another option is to join an established site and create your portfolio there.
3. Set up your Site
There are many books and websites out there to help you set up your website (as well as your webhost's help center.
This post will explain how to set your site up for monetization too.
Find Freelance Jobs
Now that you have your site up and a few writing posts up to use in your starting portfolio, it's time to find freelance writing jobs.
* Blogmutt - Level 1 & 2 writes 250-400 words for $10.50 each post.
* Upwork - Set up your profile and bid on various writing projects (and other gigs).
* A list of Freelance Resources to get started.
* Make $500 a Month Writing Online
The great thing about freelance writing is that you can write as many or as little as you want.
If you still have questions, feel free to send them to me!
I've decided to do another 30-day challenge. Yesterday I posted this on the Facebook Page:
So, if you can go over there and give your input, or write a comment below on what you'd like to see, I'd appreciate it!
Let's Do This!
I'm still looking for writers, bloggers, and vloggers to join my site!
Want exposure for your writing, teach others, or share information, but don't have the knowledge, or don't want the hassle, of running your own website. Leave that to me!
You'll get your own "Page" here, without the hassle of upkeep. Take a look at my guest post guidelines for a rough idea of what I do here. Submit once a week, once every other week, or once a month and gain over 5,000 pageviews a week.
Contact me and let's open a discussion!
Looking for a way to make some money, or just want to express yourself in a blog? Don't know where to start?
Let me show you how I got started.
First you'll need a website:
There are lots of web hosting sites, either free or for a low price, depending on what you are planning. I use Weebly's starter program. It's an easy "drag and drop" setup where you drag design options to your page and fill them in.
Next you'll need an idea to write about:
I use several Apps and websites to get writing inspiration and ideas. Here are the Apps I use:
Now here are the websites I use:
HubSpot's Blog Topic Generator
Tweak Your Biz Idea Generator
Blog Title Generator
Then you write:
If you just want to blog on your own site, you just need to share your posts across your Social Media links. Maybe even start your own Facebook Page for your blog and link them.
If you want to be a freelance writer, you'll need to find places to submit your articles. To start out you can start small at content mills such as:
You can also do an easy web search using "(your topic) write for us" and it'll tell you different blogs and e-zines that accept freelance writer submissions. Some will be non-paying, and some will be paid. Don't shun the non-paying ones as this is a good way to build up your portfolio for other jobs.
Here's a great article that gives a large list of websites looking for writers.
You can also get started writing for my blog too! Here are my guidelines.
On the last day of this writing challenge:
"What Three Lessons do you Want Your Children to Learn from You?"
1. Collect Memories, not Things
I know it sounds like a cliche, but it's true.
I don't remember any of the stuff I've bought over the years, but I remember the trips I've taken and people I've met there.
So if an opportunity comes up, go for it! Even if it doesn't work out, you tried. it's better to be looking back on your life and say "I did it" or "I tried", than "what if" or "I should've".
2. Be Yourself
You are unique! Don't feel like you have to follow the "masses" to be accepted.
I know you two have a great bunch of friends at school now and that's great, hold on to them. But soon you'l be off to college and the real world, don't lose yourselves there. Stay true to yourselves and the right people and opportunities will come along.
3. We're Behind You
Your dad and I will always support you. That doesn't mean we'll agree with you or like what you're doing, but we're there for you.
That doesn't include fixing all your problems for you, or give you bail money Heh. We'll advise you how to fix those yourself but "you got yourself into this mess, you can get yourself out".
Wherever life takes you, we'll be there.
So reach for your goals Riley and Dani and know that I love you.